Thursday, June 14, 2012

Llegamos! (We are here!)

Well, we made it! I have been in El Salvador three full days now. Though I can't quite say it feels just like home, I am enjoying the experience so far immensely. There is a lot to take in, and it can be quite overwhelming, but so far I've been allowed the time to settle in and adjust without feeling pressured to jump right in to the work. Still, there is plenty of work to be done! We are currently preparing for the SLAM team that is coming next week - we will be facilitating a week-long mission trip for 24 youth from North Carolina.

Here are some pictures from the journey coming here and the first few days here!

Lavy and I got jerseys from a local shop to watch the El Salvador v. Mexico game!
In the airport...

Our mini-team, myself, Ben and Lavy

Ben and Lavy in front of the lake at Suchitoto

Benjamin

Watching the game just off the town square

El Sal lost but the experience, despite jet lag, muy bueno. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment